With the Christmas season in full effect, Santa is at the North Pole checking his list to see who was naughty and nice this year. Children are making their Christmas list, asking for that new video game or doll that’s all the rave. Parents (because who are we kidding we want Santa to bring us something nice too) are asking for the latest gadgets out on the market, and rushing to the stores to make sure they get that extra 2.5% off. There is ice skating, hot coco, egg nog, watching classic Christmas movies (“shitter’s full”… lol), decorating your best Christmas tree, and most importantly spending time with the ones you love most.
Every year my fiance ask me what it is I want for Christmas and my answer is always the same… Nothing! The best gift to me every Christmas is seeing my family’s face light up when they see what “Santa” got them. It warms my heart making them happy. That to me is what the holiday season is all about.
As I sat and went over my son’s Christmas list and contemplated what I was going to get the rest of my family, I tried to think what it was I would like. What is it that I want Santa to leave for me under the tree? Then it hit me like a ton of bricks….BAM! The one thing on my Christmas (well I want this all year round not just for Christmas) is BOOKS!!! A new book is like receiving a diamond ring. It is the one thing guaranteed to make me happy.
With that being said, narrowing down my list of books to just a few is a challenge. There are just WAYYYYYY to many that I want. I do not mind reading eBooks but I rather have the physical book in hand. It just adds to the experience. Unless your ordering used books from places like thriftbooks.com, buying a books can become costly so I knew I had to pick my top picks for the moment. So here are my top 7 books on my Christmas list this year.
- Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis by Anne Rice – I absolutely am obsessed with the whole Vampire Chronicles. When Anne Rice began continuing the tales of Lestat, I almost fainted. The Vampire Chronicle is by far one of my favorite series ever!
- The Chemist by Stephanie Meyer – I really likes the Twilight series (the books, I am still up in the air on how I feel about the movies). Although it was a bit different in the way of vampires it is was still a very good read. She also wrote The Host which I loved, so when I saw this one I knew I had to get it.
- Paris for One by Jojo Moyers – Now I am crazy in love with with Me Before You. Both the book and the movie moved me to tears (and not the cute kind either, the terrible crying that no woman wants anyone to see). Just reading about this book already made me want to plunge into the story.
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Claire – I mean who doesn’t want to read more about shadowhunter?!?
- Moon Chosen by P.C. Cast – I think P.C. Cast is a great writer and definitely want to continue reading his work. This book sounds really interesting and is different.
- Persuasion; Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen – I am really into reading classics. I have painstakingly slowly been buying and reading them. These two books are at the top of my classic books and the moment to obtain.
So Dear Santa, I’ve been a very good girl this year and would really like these titles to be under my Christmas tree this year. I promise to have some fresh baked cookies and an ice cold glass of milk waiting for you.
A huge book worm ♥